5 Hot Marketing Tips for your Business!
As marketing continues to evolve in the digital age, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and lost in the techy details. There are just so many choices! The road seems too long and lonely to get to where you want to be. Luckily, you don’t need to be a computer geek or rich to make a profit marketing online. You just need to be creative and hip to the latest trends. Here are today’s marketing tips of wisdom. Are you ready for your business to blast off?
1) Marketing online will be like visiting a foreign country for the first time if you have no experience with it. First and foremost, marketing online starts with a solid foundation. You need to figure out who you’re marketing too and why. Who is my target audience? What can I offer my audience? This will help you create compelling real-life stories involving the people you’re marketing too. Speak directly to the crowd you want to target. Remember, the words in your campaign are the most powerful marketing tools you have. They will also help you target searches for your website on Google more intelligently.
2) With search engine optimization you can link thousands of people to your webpage without spending a dime. The simplest way to do this is to make sure your meta-tag and title (these are the html codes at the top of your website) are filled with keywords and phrases that are relevant to the product your selling. These words are your identity on a search engine. They will appear in blue when people do a Google search. The more descriptive and compelling you sound, the more likely they’ll click on your webpage. Every click is a potential customer. Avoid using filler words. Be creative, and use phrases that people are most likely to search for. This may take some experimenting and tweaking. Remember, online marketing can be a painfully slow process. It’s not going to happen overnight. If this section is sounding like a foreign language to you, ask a co-worker or a friend to help. It’s really basic stuff that anyone can learn.
3) Google Analytics is one of the most mind-boggling-powerful mediums for developing marketing strategies. It’s a godsend for marketers. It will tell you where your users are flocking too, how long they stayed on your page, and which page lost their interest. This vital information will help you analyze which portions of your site need to be redesigned for more eye-popping content. Google Analytics will also tell you how people found your site and what phrases they typed into Google. Once you have this information, you can find more creative and captivating ways to lure customers in through their Google searches.
4) Another clever online marketing tool is to market your website through other established blogs and sites that have solid online audiences. Why spend years building an online following, when other sites have been doing it for you. This kind of marketing can be an effective way to reach your target audience. All it takes is a little networking and connection making.
- Start by reaching out to “like-minded” blogs and websites that cater to the same demographic as your business. For example, if your business is selling Yoga products online, you are going to connect to all the holistic, meditational, and uplifting blogs. No matter what the business is, there are always new web connections to be made.
- Write emails to these blogs and sites asking if you can post links and write articles for their blogs, which will connect back to your site. It may seem awkward at first, but you will be surprised how many people will respond back to you. It’s a win-win situation! Because in return you will do the same for their blogs. Your webpage will skyrocket to unimaginable levels by connecting with other blogs. Like making it in Hollywood, the Internet is all about making connections.
5) Keeping a dedicated online audience is another art form one must achieve to keep the dollar signs flowing. You have to make your customers thirsty for more! Many different routes can achieve this. The simplest is to have a blog that is related to your product. You must constantly update this blog with captivating content and articles. You should have fun with this! Follow trends and use buzz words. The more often you update the blog, the more frequently people will return to your site. Guerilla marketing is a crucial element when you have a blog. Another savvy way to keep your customers hooked is to have contests, prizes, free merch, and incentives. This will force them to sign up for your email, where you can send them updates and newsletters.
Allison Maslan, CEO of Pinnacle Global Network, is the Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author of Scale or Fail, which is endorsed by Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank. Allison’s built 10 successful companies starting out at age 19.
Now she and her team of CEO Mentors pay it forward by helping business owners scale their companies, fast-track their success, and create a more meaningful life. Pinnacle Global Network, a world leader in scaling companies and empowering business leaders has guided thousands of CEO's and Founders to success over the past decade. Allison’s been featured in Inc., Success, Fortune, Fast Company, and Forbes Magazines, is a regular contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine, and a featured expert on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox across the US. She is also the host and producer of The Scale or Fail Show podcast, and the Women Who Own it Podcast in partnership with WBENC, the largest certifier of women-owned businesses in North America.