Leave Your Pain Past Relationships in the Past
There is a tendency to project, or put onto other people, the fear, grief or resentment of our past. When in reality, this person does not represent those things at all. However, because you may believe this to be true because of your history, your fear and behavior around this issue may bring the worst out of someone you love.
The result is what we call a self-fulfilling prophecy. We simply end up bringing upon ourselves what we fear most. For instance, if you have fear of abandonment and you hang onto someone too tightly because you are afraid they will leave. Your fear that they may end up leaving because they feel smothered by you. Another example would be that because you are afraid your love will leave you, you may subconsciously choose people that have commitment issues. These actions just to prove to yourself that, yes, they will abandon you. Sounds crazy, right? Well, it happens all the time.
When we start a relationship with a clean slate and leave the past in the past, it will have a much higher chance of flourishing with much less grief and discord.
Here are a few exercises to help you leave the past in the past and move forward from a clear, strong and healthy place.
Blast Off Practice #1 Write Off The Past
Please write out the emotions and traumas that you have experienced in past relationships. Anything that you do not want to bring into your new or current relationship.
By looking at these issues in writing, it helps to separate them from your current situations and relationships. In this way, it is easier to become an observer, rather than wearing the traumas on your sleeves in your new relationships.
When we can see our partner with 20/20 vision rather than looking through clouded lenses from the past, we will feel much freer to be the best partner possible. The result, we also draw in and receive the same positive, loving energy in return.
Blast Off Practice #2 Open Your Heart To Love and Leave the Past In the Past
This Open Heart Meditation exercise is in my new best selling book, Blast Off! The Surefire Success Plan To Launch Your Dreams Into Reality. In this exercise, you will focus, visualize and feel your heart open to receive love. At the same time, you will let go of the past hurts and disappointments.
- Get into a quiet space. Sit down and then take some deep breaths until you are feeling calm and relaxed. If soft music and candles help you get into the mood, add these to your environment.
- Now when you inhale, visualize a golden light coming into your body from the crown of your head. See it flowing all the way down to your toes. Feel it as the warmth and the sparkling light nurtures all the organs and systems of your body.
- After a few minutes, focus on your heart area. Now put your right hand over your heart and continue to inhale and exhale this golden light. Then as you inhale, only focus on your heart area. You need to visualize a soft, pink, loving energy coming into your heart. Feel your heart opening fully and allowing this pink energy to fill it completely and fully with love.
- If you have had pain in your heart due to loss or heartbreak, visualize the tears of your heart pouring out as the pain begins to release and subside. Fill any emotional wounds with this pink loving energy. See your wound healing as your heart is surrounded with love. Continue to inhale and exhale deeply.
- After another minute or two, visualize the pink energy turning into red, passionate, vibrant energy that is continuing to fill up your ever-expanding, open heart. Now feel that love and passion spread from your heart to the rest of your body. Feel it up to your head and down through your torso and legs. Finally making it through to the bottom of your toes. Feel how wonderful, light, free and uplifting this love energy feels. Continue to experience the opening of your heart.
- Now I want you to expand this loving energy inside your heart and the rest of your body out to the world and to the Universe. See it expanding for miles and miles. Oh, how lucky the world is to experience your love! Now feel the love coming right back into your heart and hold it there. Your heart is now open and ready to receive love.
- Repeat this exercise at least twice a week. This will allow you to continue healing and opening your heart so that you may receive all the love you deserve.
It is not that you won’t remember any of these old hurts, you are just choosing not to give them continual power over you and your present and future opportunities for great love.
Now that you have been releasing the past and anything that can get in the way of creating a new and deeper relationship, it is time to get really clear on what you actually do want in your relationships. Leave the past in the past!
Ready to take your business to new heights?
You need goals. Big ones. Get Your FREE Big Vision Roadmap and get ready to scale your company like never before. If you are ready to stretch yourself and look at your business in a new way, we have the only video training that you need.
Allison Maslan, CEO of Pinnacle Global Network, is the Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author of Scale or Fail, which is endorsed by Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank. Allison’s built 10 successful companies starting out at age 19.
Now she and her team of CEO Mentors pay it forward by helping business owners scale their companies, fast-track their success, and create a more meaningful life. Pinnacle Global Network, a world leader in scaling companies and empowering business leaders has guided thousands of CEO's and Founders to success over the past decade. Allison’s been featured in Inc., Success, Fortune, Fast Company, and Forbes Magazines, is a regular contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine, and a featured expert on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox across the US. She is also the host and producer of The Scale or Fail Show podcast, and the Women Who Own it Podcast in partnership with WBENC, the largest certifier of women-owned businesses in North America.
WHAT’S BLOCKING YOU FROM SCALING YOUR BUSINESS FROM 7 FIGURES TO 8 FIGURES AND BEYOND?
THE SCALEit METHOD™: A PROVEN WAY TO SCALE YOUR ENTERPRISE
Discover The SCALEit Method™, a proven process for fast-tracking your business growth by mastering the five most critical pillars of scaling successfully.
Learn more in the SCALEit Quick Start Guide.